Horse Trail Rides
Enjoy fresh air and breath taking scenery when you come horseback riding on the trails at Charmingfare Farm. All levels of trail riding ability are encouraged to come and ride on a horse.
Gentle Horses and Great Trails
First time rider? No worries!
Before heading out onto the trails all riders are given the opportunity to get acquainted with their horse. During this time our trail guides makes sure every rider is comfortable, confident and prepared for the trails.
Our picturesque trail rides pass through pasture meadows with grazing livestock, travel along old logging roads into the forest far away from the modern world. Once in the forest riders have spotted native coyotes, fox and wild turkeys; some guests have even been fortunate enough to see a moose. Be sure to bring a camera.
All of our trail rides are accompanied by friendly and experienced trail guides.
You need know
- Approximately a half hour is allotted to getting folks up on horses with basic instruction and safety guidelines.
- The actual trail ride will be about one hour depending on the pace of our horses.
- We tell folks to plan on being with us for about 1 1/2 hours to complete this experience.
- Each child must be 10 years old and accompanied by one adult if under 18 years of age.
- Riding double on one horse in not allowed regardless of age.
- Riders cannot exceed 270 pounds.
- Our horses are beginner level horses; perfect for first time riders.
- Experienced riders can be assured the well being of our horses comes first. All trail rides are conducted a walk with no trotting or cantering. As an accomplished rider we are confident you will understand and respect our policy. Our trail rides will allow you the opportunity to share an equine adventure with family and friends who may have never ridden before.
- Normally, we take up to 4 riders out on the trail at a time. If there are more in your party you may book back to back departures.
- In the case of inclement weather including when temperatures are predicted to reach 90 degrees or higher your reservation will be rescheduled to another date and time.
What you need
- Appropriate clothing for the season. (Pants are strongly recommended)
- Footwear with a least a 1/4 inch heel Absolutely no flip flops or open toe shoes .
- Bug Spray
- Sun Screen
- Helmets are provided by CFF
(If you bring your own it must be ASTM certified)