Horse Trail Rides
Enjoy fresh air and breath taking scenery when you come horseback riding on the trails at Charmingfare Farm. All levels of trail riding ability are encouraged to come and ride on a horse.
Gentle Horses and Great Trails
First time rider? No worries!
Before heading out onto the trails all riders are given the opportunity to get acquainted with their horse. During this time our trail guides makes sure every rider is comfortable, confident and prepared for the trails.
Our picturesque trail rides pass through pasture meadows with grazing livestock, travel along old logging roads into the forest far away from the modern world. Once in the forest riders have spotted native coyotes, fox and wild turkeys; some guests have even been fortunate enough to see a moose. Be sure to bring a camera.
All of our trail rides are accompanied by friendly and experienced trail guides.
You need know
- “Check in Time”
You will be asked to select a time while purchasing your ticket(s). Our staff CANNOT check you in any earlier than 15 minutes before your chosen time. If you arrive LATER than your chosen time you will not be able to participate in the event.
- Approximately a half hour is allotted to getting folks up on horses with basic instruction and safety guidelines.
- The actual trail ride will be about one hour depending on the pace of our horses.
- We tell folks to plan on being with us for about 1 1/2 hours to complete this experience.
- Each child must be 10 years old and accompanied by one adult if under 18 years of age.
- Riding double on one horse in not allowed regardless of age.
- Riders cannot exceed 270 pounds.
- Our horses are beginner level horses; perfect for first time riders.
- Experienced riders can be assured the well being of our horses comes first. All trail rides are conducted a walk with no trotting or cantering. As an accomplished rider we are confident you will understand and respect our policy. Our trail rides will allow you the opportunity to share an equine adventure with family and friends who may have never ridden before.
- Normally, we take up to 4 riders out on the trail at a time. If there are more in your party you may book back to back departures.
- In the case of inclement weather including when temperatures are predicted to reach 90 degrees or higher your reservation will be rescheduled to another date and time.
What you need
- Appropriate clothing for the season. (Pants are strongly recommended)
- Footwear with a least a 1/4 inch heel Absolutely no flip flops or open toe shoes .
- Bug Spray
- Sun Screen
- Helmets are provided by CFF
(If you bring your own it must be ASTM certified)
“Trail rides are amazing”
First they show you how to mount up and handle the horse so that BEFORE you leave the arena your comfortable with what your doing! This was very important to me a first time rider! Tails were beautiful ride thru woods, Trail guide was excellent, informative funny and extremely helpful, horses were in excellent condition and very well taken care of guide knew them well and that helped in placing us on each one. I highly recommend this to anyone.
“Gorgeous fall Trail ride experience!”
Our guides were friendly and took great care of us, the horses were healthy and great, perfect length ride with breathtaking foliage riding through the Candia countryside. It was like riding through Yankee magazine. Not to be missed!
Booked a trip to visit the animals and take a horse trail ride through the woods for four people. We had an absolute blast! Our trail guide answered all of our questions and was very knowledgeable. Will definitely be back for some more fun soon!
“Comfortable and not stressed at all”
I wanted to treat my wife to a nice fall foliage trail ride for her birthday. Charmingfare went above and beyond in their treatment of us. I have never been on a horse except for an instance as a kid when I fell off the other side, but they made sure that I was comfortable and not stressed at all. We will be going back without question!
NOT enough stars for them! I had a life long fear of horses, to end it I signed up for a trail ride, They take time to let you “practice” before going out, it took me maybe 15 minutes and I was loving it and cannot wait to go back in Spring! EXCELLENT time I can’t thank them enough, after 52 years I no longer have a fear of horses. Not to mention their impeccable zoo no better way to spend a day.