Grown organically with quality compost, organic fertilizers, and cover crops wherever possible. We avoid synthetic fertilizer, pesticides and herbicides.
You Should Know
- Harvest pickups are only available on Wednesdays between 4pm and 6:00pm.
- We do not open for Members prior to 4pm on pickup days.
- Our staff works a long day on Wednesdays please be sure to arrive before we close at 6:00pm.
- Members need to bring along reusable bags for their harvest.
- A cooler is highly recommended especially during hot weather.
- You will need to wash your produce when you get home. Our staff focuses on quickly picking and maintaining freshness.
- Following the structure of a CSA model we are not able to predict or guarantee the success of our harvest.
- Communication is key to you having a great experience. Please ask our staff questions.
Q: How much food am I going to get for my share?
A: A share is about the size of a standard brown paper grocery bag. During the peak of the harvest season you can expect more.
Q: Can I get extra in a given week if I need more?
A: Yes. As a shareholder you can request additional produce, but sometimes at an additional cost. Whenever possible surplus items will be put out at the farm stand and marked as surplus. Those wishing to can and require large quantities should request in advance by emailing. What shareholders do not take will go to the food bank, so we ask that you not take what you will not need for your family.
Q: What if I don't like what is offered that day?
A: We have been careful to select a wide variety produce and will do our best to make as much available as we can. However, produce is not always ripe when we want it to be. If the first few weeks are a bit sparse we will do our best to compensate later as more of the harvest comes in.
Q: Is the food certified organic?
A: Organic growing practices are employed on all of the gardens. This includes: compost and organic fertilizers, cover crops, mulch, and row covers. We avoid the use of potentially harmful chemicals such as pesticides, and herbicides. Though not certified 100% organic we feel our gardens enjoy the best growing practices to produce abundant healthy food.
Q: When can I pick up my share?
A: Wednesdays 4:00 pm to 6:00pm. Please do not arrive any earlier than 4pm.
Q: What about when I go on vacation?
A: Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to properly store your share.
Q: Can I reduce the cost of my share by working in the Garden?
A: This is not currently an option we are offering at this time.
Q: Am I going to have to pull weeds?
A: Our CSA does not require Members to work in the gardens.