Wood Chips For Sale
Composted Wood Chips
Our composted wood chips are chipped tree trimmings that have had time to break down and have composted for 3 or more months. A perfect choice for shrub beds, natural areas, garden pathways and around trees.
Wood chips will decompose over time becoming a dark, organically-rich, mulch material. This mulch enriches your soil with nutrients and helps to prevent erosion. By simply adding a generous layer of wood chip mulch you’ll be suppressing weeds while giving your plants and trees what they really need.
Advantages of Wood Chips
- Wood chips are environmentally and economically a good thing!
- Our chips are not dyed or chemically treated.
- Do not contain wood recycled from the lumber and paper industries.
- Bark mulches do NOT have the carbon to nitrogen ratio that creates a good gardening mulch.
- Wood chips also absorb moisture and tend to break down more slowly than shredded mulches.
How to Apply Wood Chips
Wood chips should be applied at a depth of 4 to 6 inches to achieve optimum benefits. The chips will begin to break down and will settle after a few weeks. Like any organic mulch, they need to be replenished periodically to keep providing weed suppression and water conservation benefits.
How Many Yards of Wood Chips do I Need?
Options to Purchase Wood Chips:
- Picked-Up at Charmingfare Farm
We will load trucks with our tractor for customers by appointment.
$19 per yard (minimum of 2 yards)
- We Can Deliver to You
We can deliver a minimum of 3 yards if you are within a 30-minute drive of Candia, NH.
$99 for three yards ($29 for each additional yard)
(If you live further away please call for a quote)